Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Trying Something New.


Yes that is the icon for Iron Kingdoms. Yes that is the old icon from way back before they had Warmachine and there was only the D20 Role-playing game. I liked it, wasn't so much a fan of 3 books in as many years but the books were great and I had always wanted to play it. My group got through a bit of 3.0 and 3.5 and then Pathfinder was released and there was never really enough support for IKRPG 1.0 for us to get enough traction in order to actually play. So we have been playing Pathfinder for quite a while and then a personal matter came up and that fell apart and so a year or so has past and while the personal problem is now running around the house and menacing everything less than three feet off the ground we have started to get the itch to play another RPG. Now I would have just gone back to Pathfinder and I have a campaign that i have been working on for a while now, I just don't want to do it. So i started looking at alternatives and noticed that PP had put out a new version on IKRPG using their Warmachine ruleset as a base.

Hmmmm, maybe..... Well the wife likes the Hordes side of the game (She loves the Blackclads) and while i don't know about the others I think I could probably talk them into giving it a try. So here we are! Some time in the next couple of weeks we should see our first session of IKRPG2.0. Not sure if this will be a continuous planned event I do think we may see a session every so often. I am thinking of this as a trial of the system, fortunately the system seems to be easier to throw stuff together at the last minute than D20 ever was.

So we are going to give it a try and if we like it then maybe we can make it a bit more formal than the every so often that it will start out as and it should give us a feel for what my wife would really like to play. IKRPG Unleashed.

No comments:

Post a Comment